Thursday, March 11, 2010

Countdown to the Weekend

Wade and I are anxiously awaiting for Friday evening when we hit the road for Fredericksburg, TX to a bed and breakfast for the weekend. Fredericksburg is a historic German town with all kinds of fun shops and restaurants and wineries to boot! Located in the Texas hill country there is no shortage of beautiful scenery and relaxing spots to pull off the road and take in some local fare. I remember driving through the town once when I was a sophomore in college on my way to Padre Island (forgoing the architecture final project I had due on Monday) and went with some friends for a weekend at the beach. I had always wanted to go back to the cute town of Fredericksburgh so thanks to Wade I will be able to cross that off my bucket list! We're also heading to Luckenbach, Texas to take in some live music at the dance hall Saturday night. Being a Texan, let alone an Aggie, Luckenbach is a right of passage- everyone must go there once in their lifetime. We love our kiddos but how exciting to get to sleep in and act like teenagers... well, college students again! Pics will be forthcoming. As for the kiddos, they will have plenty of excitement back at home with Grammie Larson staying through the weekend and Aunt Shelly, GG and Angel coming for the day on Saturday. I think they enjoy having free reign with the kiddos as well. Let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment