After a week of coming home to an empty house, I was thrilled to have my baby girl back home for a girls only weekend. We had the best time Friday afternoon eating ice cream at the Dripping Springs Dairy Queen where we met up with Aunt Shelly. It's all about the simple pleasures in life and this was a good reminder. I know Shelly and Ella had a great time together, so much so that she asked to go back there on Saturday! Momma wasn't quite ready for that though.

Playing in the backyard before she took her 2nd bath of the night, with the sprinkler.

Ella let mommy braid her hair which must be the 2nd time ever - her way of saying she missed me too I guess.

Ella decided Saturday was Boots birthday. (Think it's in anticipation of her 3rd birthday in 2 weeks but I decided to go with it.) Boots had cupcakes with a single candle which she blew out before I finished singing the 1st line of Happy Birthday. Then it was on, yummy cupcakes!! Post birthday party, she sat outside with her "babies" and was very interested in the moon and the stars.

Sunday we took a trip back to the river at Guadalupe State Park. She loves playing and building in the rocks and I must admit, I enjoy it to. The sun was playing "peek a boo" according to Ella so it was a perfect day in the great outdoors. Check out the river level though, we really need some rain. It's great being low in that you can be more carefree with the kiddos but it's even stagnant in areas. 1.5 cft/min was the flow and anything less than 250 is considered slow if that puts it in perspective. So here we are, praying for rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment