Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saying Hello Halfway Through 2013

This blog post is dedicated to an old  friend who has actually missed reading my blog... thank you for giving me the motivation to start anew and continue documentating the little things that matter the most with those things being two little people that I am so blessed to call my own.  Everyday these munchkins remind me that time keeps marching on and if I blink, I just may miss it. 
There's no way to summarize the 8 months that have passed since my last post.  I'll just say that there's been lots of ups and downs but my love for these two munchkins has given me super powers I didn't know I had and I thank God for them everyday.  There hasn't been a shortage of fun and laughter from either one of them that's for sure as we tell time in pictures....

I've been waking up to this a lot
 
At the ages of 7 and 4 this is what the past year has looked like.  Avery is obsessed with spies and villians, acting out every action scene he has ever watched and poor Ella is always the victim (but not always so innocent).  Enjoying lunch on the Riverwalk in mid February, the kiddos are entertaining themselves.  Ella also doesn't like how many pictures mommy takes which is why she is covering her eyes; not because her brother is actually scaring her.  But if you wait until she's ready she will model for you all day long.


Case and point.  Ella loved the camera after spending a "girlie" morning with mom getting ready for a luau birthday party with her pre-school friends.  Proud mom moment- she let me braid her hair and it turned out pretty good if I may say so myself. 


One of my favorite times with the kids recently was our surprise trip to WDW over Spring Break.  The big reveal just hours before takeoff was caught on video and is quite commical as Avery was dissappointed!  He said I should have told him ahead of time because he really just wanted to spend the weekend playing with his neighborhood friends.  Ella on the other hand gave me a big hug and said, "Thank you mommy" which was all I had hoped for.  After the 1st day at the Disney Studios, Avery came around and thanked me for bringing them to FL.  We had such a great time with grandma and grampa Schmiedecke.  (They were troopers and kept me going everyday; they didn't miss a moment with us at the parks.)
 
The veteran flyers - they did amazing!

Stunt Car Show at Disney Studios was AWESOME!!
Fast passes after WALKING OFF Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  Ella is the daredevil of the family.  Sandwiched between Avery and I, she threw her hands in the air in excitement the first time riding a rollercoaster. 

Waiting in line for Pirates of the Carribean.  He's definately not my 'baby' anymore.
Visiting with great-grandma on our trip to FL

We live for our family time on the weekends.  As the weather has gotten warmer we have visited some of our favorite places and look forward to finding some new fun spots


The Witte Museum lends itself to all kinds of adventure. 

We've started what has become our Friday tradition - dinner at the best little pizza place in town followed by movie night at home. 
Summertime always includes at least one day at the Guadalupe River State Park
We added a new member to our family in late September - meet Isabel, our baby Sulcata "African Spurred" Tortise. 
Avery is all about earning money these days and he earned it this afternoon at Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Andy's house!

And Ella is trying and LIKING new things - spaghetti with meatballs and sauce for the second time today after trying it at her school.  She's also eaten a hamburger for the first time (with Cheetos on top).  Yum!?

We've also had some very memorable moments and milestones that I couldn't forget to mention including Avery and Ella traveling to Iowa to visit Grandma and Grampa Fess to celebrate Uncle Turner's wedding. 
Ella had the honor of Flower Girl. Here she is, all smiles, as she explained, "Everyone wanted to dance with me!"

We celebrated Avery's 8th birthday with a visit from the Game Truck for him and 20 of his closest friends from school and the neighborhood . 

His new BFF, Daniel, is also his role model at age 14.  We love our new neighbors from California which include 4 boys and 1 girl who's Ella's age.  (She finally has a playmate her own age!) 


 Ella's Pre-K class picture followed by Graduation on May 28th.  She couldn't stop smiling in her bright red cap and gown. 


And she offically has a first love... Austin (not pictured above). He introduced himself to me the other day and said, "She keeps saying she wants to marry me but I'm not gonna." Guess we now know who's doing all the chasing. Big brother approves (says "he's cool") so we'll see if their young love carries into BIG school. 

Next up - Avery's return to baseball with the first game being tonight!  Go CUBS!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the summer.  Much love to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment