Sunday, July 19, 2009

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change"

It feels like we blinked our eyes and summer vacation is over. And even more shocking... Ella is turning 1 next week! I think about how we recorded every minute of Avery's life and with Ella, I am scrambling to find enough photos of her to fill a baby book. I know I am not alone which makes consoles me and being the youngest of 2 kids, I know I hold no emotional scars (that I am aware of) from the shortage of undivided attention that the 1st born usually receives. It's just different with 2 but oh so sweet and I can't imagine life without our baby girl. We are thrilled to have lots of company this week as we get ready to celebrate Ella's birthday. Grandma Trish, Craig and Cameron are due in tonight from CO and will be staying with us though Tuesday morning. Then Grandma and Grandpa Schmiedecke make their way here on Thursday with Aunt Stephers and Andy arriving on Sunday! Since my blog is my virtual baby book, I should take this time to document their latest accomplishments. Ella has officially outgrown her infant carrier (ok, she did 3 months ago but we finally did something about it) so here is a pic of Avery in his new booster seat and Ella trying out her new digs. He had been waiting a LONG time for this day... Avery is in swim lessons for the 2nd summer in a row and doing really well. He can dive into the water with his hands over his head and swim the length of the pool with his face in the water. Heck, mom can't even do that?! He loves being a big brother and we find him in Ella's crib from time to time, just hanging out. He has also become very prolific with the computer thanks to Nickjr.com. He plays games with all his favorite characters and even knows how to close out of those annoying pop-ups. The only downside is we never get to use our laptop! Ella is dying to walk so we purchased a ride on/walker last week and it opened up a whole new world for her! She is all smiles now and so are mom and dad now that she isn't hanging onto our calves every minute... She loves music and points a lot. She claps when you say clap and waves when you say hi. And last but not least, we think her 1st word is momma...whether it is deliberate or not, I don't care, I'll take it!! Definitely ready for her 1st haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment