
I like to think that most people are relaxing and doing fun outdoor activities over the long 3 day weekend; however, we decided it was THE time to begin our much talked about renovations. Ok, so maybe we are way ahead of ourselves but I like to think of it as well prepared! So we decided to convert the bedroom that was our study to Ella's new room and make her nursery a playroom/study. So up went the carpet and the baseboards so there is no turning back now! Thanks to Craigslist we have unloaded some baby furniture and hope the proceeds will cover our new project. On to picking paint colors tonight as I think we have settled on the wood flooring, unless these samples I ordered change our mind when they show up! Who knew there were so many choices out there, yikes! It was awesome to see Avery so excited to help dad in any way he could. His task was to rip up the carpet pad that was glued to the concrete with a large file- a lot safer than it sounds. Come on, I know construction! (I better!) Here's a pic of Avery working away.

In the midst of all our fun at the house, Ella went for her 1st haircut on Saturday. It was just as expected, 4 snips and that was about it! She did great sitting in the CARS racecar, watching Little Einsteins and really enjoyed the attention- again, all girl! Of course, my camera battery pack was dead so no pics in the chair unless I can figure out how to get the one off my camera phone. I did get a lock of hair which was her rat tail. All I know is this will be the cheapest and easiest haircut of her life I'm sure. Since I had my 1st haircut at age 10 I believe, we are good for at least another year!

Hope everyone is enjoying their extended weekend and stay tuned for renovation updates. Oh, did I mention that Ella is walking now?
No comments:
Post a Comment