Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still Going and Growing

Didn't I say life was busy on my last post? Let's see, where do we start? The renovation is moving right along. Here's a photo of last weekend's work squeezed in between Avery's 1st soccer game on Saturday and Aunt Stephanie visiting. Unfortunately coat #2 isn't all its cracked up to be so we're going to have to do at least another round. Guess I have a date with a paintbrush this weekend too. Baseboards need to be bought, painted and ready for the wood floor installation starting as early as next weekend! Let's hope that in 2 weeks I'll have a completion photo to post. I briefly mentioned that Avery started playing soccer again for the YMCA this weekend. He wasn't too excited about playing the 1st half but managed to break out of his shell for the 2nd half and had 2 assists- for the other team. Like mother, like son? (Inside joke...) Daddy did a great job coaching with the help of 2 other dads. I will say things are looking a lot better this year as opposed to last Spring- kid sports at 4 is night and day compared to age 3 in case anyone else out there is considering it for themselves. We had a short visit from Uncle Coleman who headed back to CO on Friday. Avery loved his new buddy. He bonds instantly with older boys and loves to watch the big kids. He really misses him still. Aunt Stephanie was here for a few days as well last week so she got to see Avery in action on the soccer field. We also did a little apt looking in case she gets to make a move here early next year!! Keeping our fingers crossed!! Ella is still an eating machine and very steady on her feet. We've noticed that she has quite a temper when she doesn't get her way and can even be the instigator between her and Avery at times. But she is such a sweetheart at the same time and the apple of daddy's eye. She lights up when she sees him. Her new word is ma-ma-ma in a very loud scratchy voice that means everything from I want, look, no, or even momma... She's getting vocal for sure. I'm sure we have lots more to share but it will come to me as I hit "publish post." I will end with a few quotes from my baby boy who is growing up so fast. The President of the United States is "A Rock Obama" and acoording to his teacher, Avery is "convinced there are 20 states in the United States of America." I must do better at writing these down so 20 years from now we can have a good laugh together.

No comments:

Post a Comment