
No plans were the best plans this long weekend. We started off Saturday by having Avery's new school pal, Peyton, come over for a play date. It's awesome that he's finally at an age where he can play with a friend, unassisted, for hours at a time. After about 4 hrs we called it a day and we really hope that this friendship will enable Avery to be braver in the mornings and go into school on his own one day soon. Mom is still walking him in and leaving him in the cafeteria every morning... Sunday we loaded up and headed to Natural Bridge Caverns for the Texas Safari. Ella is finally old enough to be able to feed the animals on her own. There were lots of baby animals out with their moms so that set the tone- listen to her say "Here baby, food" on the video over and over again. (As soon as I get it to upload!)
Avery was hanging with dad and opted for a unique view of the animals out of the sun roof. Except for when the ostriches came... it's windows up! One even was biting at our window... they are crazy!

I thought we were going to have a major melt down when Ella dropped her binkie out the window. Look closely...this was just before the animal tried to eat it. She cried briefly but played it off by telling her how nice it was for her to share her binkie! Then it was smiles again.

This buffalo loved our truck side view mirror to scratch himself. We were afraid he was going to rip it off!

Move Zebra!! We topped off the day by going to the pool and then playing in the backyard the rest of the evening. Remember, in the evenings we are swinging! Monday dad was on his own as I went to work for a half day. Crazy, I know but it was a must. But it was pool time again when I got home, just before the rain started. Hermine? Who even knew it was coming that evening, we sure didn't. I guess that's what happens when you are having too much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment