Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Silly Days

Week 1 of kinder is behind us and we're well into week #2. Monday morning was rough for Avery which also made for a bad day for mommy. He reverted back to square one with his shyness and after refusing to go into his classroom, a counselor came and held him so I could leave. It was a tearful morning for both of us. So daddy took over on Tuesday, trying to work back up his confidence. This morning he made even more progress and stayed with his friends in the cafeteria without his teacher being there yet. He has made a friend, Peyton, in his class and he's is a great example when it comes to being a big independent boy. Hopefully we can have a play date at our house sometime soon for the 2 of them. Tuesday I was able to take Ella to daycare in the am and I was so impressed by her! She ate breakfast in the cafeteria and then when we got to her class, she walked right in and didn't look back. Talk about a great drop off! I may need to talk to Wade about me taking Ella everyday, ha,ha. She did wake me up Monday night at 3:30am, ready to play but she's so adorable, there's no way I could be frustrated with her. We laid in her big girl bed that she has yet to sleep in and I was in and out of sleep as she wiggled around and every so often would say, Mom? Sleep? Ni-night. She does this little pat, pat on your upper back like she's the one comforting you. She's still all about making bedtime a production as she turns off the tv, says ni-night to everyone and then runs to her bedroom. It's still on her terms though, after Dora is over. What did parents do before DVR and DVD's, really? She is also very generous, making sure that if she grabs a snack out of the pantry, she also has one in hand for her big brother. They are still 2 peas in a pod, it's awesome. We're hoping that we will get settled into our new routines by the end of the month. Next week is the 1st week of T-Ball practice for Avery with games every weekend starting the 18th. I sure hope he's ready to play some ball! We're ready for the Fall weather to come our way and sit in the stands with a big blanket to cheer on our munchkin! Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment